$2 Million Mega Millions Winner Claims Prize
JACKSON, MISS. – A Gautier woman walked away from the Mississippi Lottery Headquarters as a $2 million winner today from the June 9, 2020, Mega Millions drawing. The player chose to remain anonymous.
“I picked my own numbers, and I always play Megaplier,” she said. “When we heard the Mississippi Lottery was coming to Mississippi, I said I’d be the first to win!”
How did she win?!?! She correctly picked the 5 white ball numbers and paid the extra dollar for Megaplier. The Megaplier number for the June 9 drawing was 2, multiplying her otherwise $1 million prize to $2 million.
She purchased her winning ticket from Jerry Lee’s Grocery in Gautier, Miss., where she regularly stops once a week to purchase her tickets.
Winners from around the State!
Several additional winners from around the state claimed their prizes at headquarters.
- $5,000 Canton winner on a Hot 5s scratch-off game purchased at Michael’s on Hwy. 43 N., Camden.
- $2,000 Biloxi winner on an Electric 8s scratch-off game purchased at Keith’s Superstore on Central Ave., D’Iberville.
- $2,000 Greenville winner on an Easy Money scratch-off game purchased at Raahi on Hwy. 82, Greenville.
- $2,000 Walnut winner on an Electric 8s scratch-off game purchased at BlueSky on Hwy. 72 East, Walnut.
- $1,000 Pearl winner on a Mississippi Limited scratch-off game purchased at Texaco Foodmart on S. Pearson Rd., Pearl.
- $1,040 Jackson winner on a Mega Millions ticket purchased at Fleetway on I-55 N., Jackson.
For a complete listing of the Mississippi Lottery Corporation games, visit www.mslotteryhome.com. Prizes remaining totals for scratch-off games are updated each week! For a complete listing of MLC winners, visit https://staging.mslotteryhome.com/players/winners/.
The Mississippi Lottery Corporation (MLC) was created in 2018 by the Alyce G. Clarke Mississippi Lottery Law, Senate Bill 2001. The MLC is a legislatively created corporation. In accordance with the law, the corporation shall not disclose the identity of the person holding a winning lottery ticket without that person’s permission. Visit us online at www.mslotteryhome.com.